Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Faded Memories by Kevin Natividad

Faded Memories



There were times that we shared,
moments of happiness and romance.
There were instances of laughter and joy..
Memories are all that is left of it now..


We were both inlove, aloof yet focused.
You said you have priorities.
I’ve waited for you to settle them..
and now I found myself waiting for nothing..


You were away for quite a while.
I checked out on you on how was your day.
Then you came back after some time.
Only to find out that I was no longer your everyday.


Time passed by ..feelings change..emotions fade..
Yet, I'm still here with the hopes of your return.
But then again.. you were with somebody else.
Only this time, you are hurting because of him.


But, what can I do? how can I act?
If all you can give me is a painful and weak smile.
If the time that I'm asking how are you, is ignored?
How can I be anything that can matter even a little..
If all I was to you is an experience and never a memory.




-kevin 11/2/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment